16th Singapore International Reinsurance Conference 2019: Winds of Change
Level 3, Sands Expo & Convention Center, Marina Bay Sands Singapore
29 Oct - 1 Nov 2019
With the theme on “Winds of Change”, the conference will address pressing industry issues such as the increasing frequency of extreme weather events caused by climate change, industry disruption and digital transformation, and the sustainability of the insurance/reinsurance business model as operating margins narrow.
While prominent thought-leaders from within and outside the industry share their insights and experience on these issues over three intensive conference sessions, thousands of bilateral business meetings will be held across meeting tables in the Lloyd’s Coffee House and the SweetSpot Café as well as in the private meeting rooms hosted by participating companies on the conference floor.
Launched in 1991, SIRC has established itself as one of the most important events on the Asian reinsurance calendar where leading insurers, brokers and reinsurers gather to take stock of the reinsurance market and set the tone for the renewal season while exploring new opportunities for business cooperation.
Last year’s SIRC drew close to 1,000 delegates and over 1,500 meeting visitors from around 50 countries – attendance figures that validated the support from over 200 industry organizations that had actively supported the conference as sponsors, exhibitors and hosts of meeting rooms and tables.
The conference, organized by the Singapore Reinsurers’ Association (SRA) with the Reinsurance Brokers’ Association, Singapore (RBAS) as co-organizer and Asia Insurance Review as the official media partner, will draw international decision makers and high-level executives from the insurance, reinsurance and broking fraternities as well as regulators, academics and industry service providers.
The Organizing Committee of the 16th SIRC comprises:
Chairman: Mr. Sivam Subramaniam, Editor-in-Chief, Asia Insurance Review
Honorary adviser: Mr. Marc Haushofer, Chief Executive Officer, Asia Pacific and Executive Vice President, Validus Re
- Ms. Christine Chua, Executive Assistant to CEO and EVP Asia-Pacific, Validus Re
- Mr. Phillip Hough, Managing Director Asia Pacific, Aspen Re
- Ms. Keiko Kimura, Secretariat Manager, Singapore Reinsurers’ Association
- Mr. Kenrick Law, Regional CEO, Head of P&C Client Management Asia Pacific, Allianz SE Reinsurance Branch Asia Pacific
- Mr. Paul McNamara, Editor, Asia Insurance Review
- Mr. Mark O’Brien, Regional Director, South East Asia, Korea and Taiwan, Willis Towers Watson
- Ms. Karly Shaw, CEO, RKH Specialty Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
- Mrs. Mary Soltysiak, Business Development Manager APAC, AXA Life & Health Reinsurance, AXA Financial Services (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Mr. Pavlos Spyropoulos, Senior Manager, Market Development, Lloyd’s Asia
- Mr. Jeffrey Yeo, Executive Director, Singapore Reinsurers’ Association
· Source: https://sirc.cvent.com/events/16th-singapore-international-reinsurance-conference-16sirc/event-summary-2b76c7dfbab24bf099111645749f0ded.aspx