Asia Reinsurance Brokers hosted and organized the Myanmar Insurance Summit 2018 in collaboration with Myanmar Ministry of Planning & Finance and Myanma Insurance. It was held last February 22, 2018 at Sule Shangri-la Yangon. More than 60 representatives from different insurance companies in Myanmar graced the occasion.
Both Dr. Sandar Oo, Managing Director of Myanma Insurance and Chairman of Myanmar Insurance Association, and Mr. Richard Austen, Chief Executive Officer of Asia Reinsurance Brokers Pte. Ltd. delivered their Opening Addresses. Notable insurance industry speakers from Indonesia, Cambodia, Singapore, and Philippines shared their expertise and experiences during the summit. Nonprofit organizations like PARIMA and CARMA also presented their platforms to the Myanmar insurance market.
The topics discussed during the summit were:
- Domestic Market Leadership for ASEAN Reinsurers
- Insurance Goes to Communities by Introducing Micro Insurance
- Micro Insurance
- The Changing Perception of Risk in Asia
- Cyber Crime and Risk in Asia: The Urgency of Appropriate Response from Regulators and Insurers
- An Overview of Energy Insurance
- Development of Catalytics: Catastrophe Models for Myanmar
- Catastrophe And Risk Management in ASEAN (CARMA)